Monday, February 23, 2015

"Mommy I need pray"

Saturday morning after teaching my morning Zumba class, tending to my little loves every need and finally showering; my little one annouces to me as we're getting ready to leave the house again "mommy I need pray!"

I looked back at him and in a very sarcasted tone said you sure do, but as I did this I notice the look on his little face; he really wanted to pray. So I soften my tone and said ok let's pray. He started with "Our Father in Heaven , hallowed be thy name."  I then chimmed in and helped him finsih the rest of his pray.

After we finished praying he thanked me and then starting singing as he always does on our roadtrips. As I quickly looked back at him and smiled two thoughts popped into my head. 1. Wow hubby and I must be doing something right. 2. I wish I was more like my son when asking for pray.

I've only come cross one other person my son's drop everything and lets pray spirit, and I'm glad I get to call them my friend. I think when your a child life is so easy and asking for what you want or need just comes easy. However, when we become adults I think a lot of us lose our abilty to ask for help and little bit of prayer. Don't you know that pray fixes everything.

I was always taugth " take it to God before you taking anywhere else". I know a lot people think " I don't know how to pray", or "I don't  know what to say" but guess what, God already knows what's on your heart, what you need and what you want. So stop thinking that you have to be this eloquent wordsmith in order to speak to him. He will listen to you were ever you are; he just wants to hear from you.  So the next time there is something weighing on your heart, stop and have a little talk with Jesus.

The Lord's Prayer:

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as
we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us
from evil: For thine is the kingdoem, and the power, and the glory, for
ever Amen.
Matthew 6:9-13 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment